Russia U18 forward Alexander Zhabreev: "I started playing ice hockey when I was four"
Russia U18 forward Alexander Zhabreev:
- I started playing ice hockey in my local yard when I lived in Chelyabinsk. My father took me to an ice hockey school when I was four, and I liked it straight away. Later on, I began playing for the Belie Medvedi school. I was about seven then. The coaches immediately made me a forward, but I was on the wing. Eventually, I started playing in the centre.
- Have you kept any game pucks?
- Yes, I kept the puck with which I scored my first goal in the MHL. It was last year against Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.
- In 2014, I was invited to join Dynamo Saint Petersburg's ice hockey school. I don't regret my decision to move to Saint Petersburg at all, I am playing for Dynamo's youth team in the MHL.
- If you weren't an ice hockey player, what would you do for a living?
- I can't imagine not playing the sport, I started out in ice hockey when I was four.
- How often do you have the opportunity to be at home in Chelyabinsk?
- I go there for a few days for the New Year period, and I spend time there during the summer. This year, I went there for ten days in order to complete my school EGE exams. I have submitted documents to study at the Lesgaft University in Saint Petersburg.
- Your hobbies when you have free time?
- I watch television and videos on YouTube. I like fantasy and war films too.
- When you're feeling down, what helps you lift your mood?
- Music. I put my earphones in and listen. I have a lot of southern, African songs. I don't like rock music.
- Describe your ideal holiday.
- A perfect holiday would be with my family. I have a sister aged three, and she always hits me when we are together!
- What's your character?
- I'm not very talkative, I am a quiet person.
- In ice hockey, what personal qualities have you picked up?
- Probably, I have become more clever. Ice hockey has given me a life path.
- In your opinion, have you achieved a lot in life?
- No, I don't think so. However, an important year is approaching. This season, the World U18 Championship will take place in Chelyabinsk. I really want to make the Russian roster.
Russian Ice Hockey Federation